Frequently Asked Questions
What services do we provide?
We provide the following examinations:
- OPG digital format low dose
- Lateral ceph digital on disc or film
- Skull examinations
- Peripicals and bitewings
- The full mouth survey
- Cervical spine and airway studies
- Implant survey
- Single site to full maxilla and mandible
- TMJ Examinations
- Sinus studies
- Naso-pharangeal studies
- Snoring and sleep apnoea testing
- Full 3D orthodontic reconstructions
- Pathology investigation
- Wisdom teeth nerve localisation in the third dimension with dynamic imaging CT
- Complex 3D modelling (implant/surgery/orthodontics)
What Technology is used?
We have the Imaging Sciences International Platinum I-CAT with extended field of view for emerging orthodontic applications which is the undisputed leader in cone beam technology and the full complement of the Finnish Planmecca equipment with advanced digital imaging format. Collins Street Radiology also has the original iCAT unit for bone assessment and pathology localisation used in conjunction with the platinum iCAT.
What Radiation Dose is Absorbed by the Patient?
Depending on the study, as low as the equivalent of an afternoon outdoors. We use digital technology to further reduce the exposure to the patient. All basic images are generated using the Planmecca Promax and Proline with hospital grade computed radiology aparataus (CR) for specific examinations a numerical dose in microsieverts is available upon request.
How do I Make an appointment?
Please call to make an appointment for examinations our hours are 8.30am-5.00pm Monday to Friday
We have car parking available for our patients. While some examinations are completely bulk-billed others will attract a medicare rebate so out-of-pocket expense is kept to a minimum.
Please obtain a valid signed referral form from a dental practitioner or specialist.
Referrals can be faxed through on (03)9654 5893 or emailed on firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively please phone (03)9639 3409 or (03)9639 5420 and speak to our receptionist who can assist with most enquiries.
How do I Refer one of my Patients to your Site?
- If you wish to refer a patient please download one of the two referral pads available on this site. This form for basic imaging requirements and this form for more complex investigations.
- Or send us an email if you have a specific question about our services.